Monday, September 21, 2015

Generate SHA1 fingerprint of release keystore using keytool


To generate signed APK in Android Studio:
> Build > Generate Signed APK...

Once APK and keystore generated, you can get its SHA1 fingerprint using keytool:
keytool -exportcert -alias MyButton -keystore D:\tmp\testKeyStore\MyButton.keystore.jks -list -v
where:
MyButton is the alias.
D:\tmp\testKeyStore\MyButton.keystore.jks is the generated keystore.


related:
Locate debug.keystore and get the SHA1 fingerprint using Keytool utility

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the efford.

Unknown said...

Hi
Thanks for this video.
I am facing one problem.
I lost the .jks file of my app.
How I can update the app with that .Jks file
Please help
Neerajkamboj65gmail.com

blogdrs said...

Thanks im finishing

Ken said...

I read and watch almost up to a hundred tutorials online and cant find the solution in getting SHA1. Luckily i tried this on for my app and it works. This tutorial must be posted on GITHUB as well. Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

keytool' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file